Omega is a rare roguelike game, designed to be played on a character-mode screen. I have compiled this version for Windows because (for whatever reason) I was unable to get the old DOS version working.
If you don’t know what a roguelike game is, you may want to check the out some roguelike pages in the Links section. Perhaps later I will include some more information on how to play Omega on this page.
Port by Geoff Dunbar (email@example.com).
Omega written by Laurence R. Brothers. See omegalib\thanks.txt in the distribution for a complete list of contributors.
Uses PDCurses 3.9 (https://pdcurses.org/).
- October 31, 2019 – Omega for Windows v0.3 ( 0.90.4) released. Updated compiler and PDCurses. Added an installer!
- February 20, 2010 – Omega for Windows v0.2 (0.90.4) source code release (someone asked for it).
- October 1, 2003 – Omega for Windows v0.2 (0.90.4) released. Added color support, updated the Omega code to 0.90.4.
- September 24, 2003 – Omega for Windows v0.1 (0.80.2) released.
WinOmega v0.3: WinOmega_0_3.zip
Source Code available on GitHub: https://github.com/geoffdunbar/winomega
- Rogue for Windows – https://www.prankster.com/winrogue/index.htm
- Omega Distribution Site – http://www.alcyone.com/max/projects/omega/
- Omega SourceForce Site – http://sourceforge.net/projects/omega-roguelike
- Guide to Roguelike Games – http://www.hut.fi/~eye/roguelike/
- Spoilers! – http://www.alcyone.com/binaries/omega/omega-0.75-spoilers.txt
- Also see the newsgroups under rec.games.roguelike, particularly rec.games.roguelike.misc